Listen as my Special Guest, Douglas Bonar M.A., LMHC and I discuss exciting concepts like Conscious Evolution and Climate Change. We talk about how the intersection of the two are essential to save our Planet. We’ll also discuss everyday mindfulness as way for us to tune in to doing our part.
You’ll hear about Douglas’s amazing and powerful journey from Marine Corps to Peace and Justice activist and community leader: Douglas Bonar, a Peaceful Warrior.
I first met Douglas as a fellow participant twenty-odd years ago in the Mytho-poetic men’s movement in the mid 1990’s.
We have both pursured careers as Licensed Mental Health Counselors helping people through various transitions in their lives; depression, anxiety and trauma. We share the philosophy that individual health, both physical and mental, is connected to and integral with the health of the Planet and all our co-inhabitant creatures.
As a leader in the conscious evolution movement Douglas is active in the national and local organization of Institute of Noetic Sciences (IONS).
Douglas’s ongoing efforts to protect and restore the environment include recently assisting as co-organizer of a local 350.org march supporting the Climate Change goals of summit in Paris and demanding changes at local levels.
In his mental health counseling practice, Douglas has developed a program and workshop series for parenting and overall development called Roots and Wings: The Way of Wholeness. He is working on a book and workbook bosed on his Roots and Wings workshops.
Join Douglas at the Conscious Cuisine Book Club: not your grandparent’s book club. Bring the book that inspires you and makes you come alive. Wings Bookstore in St. Petersburg the 2nd Fridays of the month, 7PM.
Tune in today, and every 1st and 3rd Tuesday on RhinoOnAir.com at 3:06PM, or via podcast, for the next stimulating installment of DayQuest Life iRadio Hour.
Conscious evolution is the evolution of evolution, from unconscious to conscious choice. While consciousness has been evolving for billions of years, conscious evolution is new. It is part of the trajectory of human evolution, the canvas of choice before us now as we recognize that we have come to possess the powers that we used to attribute to the gods.
We are poised in this critical moment, facing decisions that must be made consciously if we are to avoid destroying the world as we know it, if we are instead to cocreate a future of immeasurable possibilities. Our conscious evolution is an invitation to ourselves, to open to that positive future, to see ourselves as one planet, and to learn to use our powers wisely and ethically for the enhancement of all life on Earth.
- Two graduate degrees (M.Ed. & Ed.S.) from the Counselor Education Department at The University of Florida in 1983.
- LMHC (Licensed Mental Health Counselor) since 1986.
- Eight years (1978 – 1986) employed by the Florida Department of Health and Rehabilitative Services (HRS) at the North Florida Evaluation and Treatment Center in Gainesville, FL working as part of a multidisciplinary treatment team with clients adjudicated Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity. Final position: Human Services Counselor III, Certified Forensic.
- Twenty three years (1986 – 2010) employed as a consultant on child abuse cases by the Pinellas County Child Protection Team Program. Final position: Senior Child Protection Specialist.
- Certified by the State (Department of Children and Families) in 2001 to facilitate Batterer’s Intervention Program (BIP) groups
- Ten (10) years working part time for A Wellness Center conducting BIP groups (2001 – 2010)
- Retired from CPT and opened A Center for Wellness in April 2010
- Member of the Pinellas County Domestic Violence Task Force since 2000
- Member of the Human Services Program Advisory Committee of St. Petersburg College since 1996
- Member of The Connection Partners committed to collective transformation
- Member of The Bridge of Tampa Advisory Board
- Author and Facilitator of the Roots and Wings: The Way of Wholeness wellness model employed at A Center for Wellness
- Member of the St. Petersburg Chamber of Commerce. Pictures taken 11/10/14 at the time of graduation from the Chamber’s Entrepreneurial Academy.
You are sure to learn something new, explore new ideas and be engaged in stimulating discussion As DayQuest Life! Radio explores how Douglas Bonar DayQuests through his Life every day!
Tune in to WSPF-DB, “Your Favorite Friendly Internet Radio Station” 1st and 3rd Tuesdays – or the anytime via podcast or YouTube – for stimulating conversation about living life optimally and questing for the answer to the question: “What is Life asking of you today?”, the Poetry Pause, Mindful Minute and more!
Thanks for Listening!
Podcast and YouTube of Past DayQuest Life! shows are Now Available! Listen Here to the Podcast and link to DayQuest Life! Radio Show YouTube.
(Note: links to streams or podcasts will open in a new window to facilitate continuity in listening).